
The last 2 weeks have been pretty hectic for Ashish and me with moving into our new apartment. But we are finally done, and the place is looking and smelling like home.
Though I had started to move the "little stuff" right from the 17th of Jan, the actual "moving" happened on the 21st of Jan. Our friends, Heli-Digish, Himesh-Vaishali and Binal-Kalpesh came down to Alhambra to help us. Thanks to their lending us helping hands, feet and shoudlers, we got all the the furniture shifted in just one trip.
The following week, we continued to move some more "little stuff". We (or rather I) hadn't realised how much stuff we( sorry, I) had amassed in just over a year! Hauling things in the cars took forever and we had to borrow Shabappa's van to increase our productivity. Quite a bit even found it's way to the attic in Loma Linda... :-) . Finally, last weekend, we emptied the old place up to the last bit of dust.
The fresh smell of paint is gone and the new apt is comfy-but-not-so-new anymore. But it's time for all you guys to come and visit us.
Waiting to buzz you guys in,
Signing off from Pasadena,
Jyothi
Pictures
Though I had started to move the "little stuff" right from the 17th of Jan, the actual "moving" happened on the 21st of Jan. Our friends, Heli-Digish, Himesh-Vaishali and Binal-Kalpesh came down to Alhambra to help us. Thanks to their lending us helping hands, feet and shoudlers, we got all the the furniture shifted in just one trip.
The following week, we continued to move some more "little stuff". We (or rather I) hadn't realised how much stuff we( sorry, I) had amassed in just over a year! Hauling things in the cars took forever and we had to borrow Shabappa's van to increase our productivity. Quite a bit even found it's way to the attic in Loma Linda... :-) . Finally, last weekend, we emptied the old place up to the last bit of dust.
The fresh smell of paint is gone and the new apt is comfy-but-not-so-new anymore. But it's time for all you guys to come and visit us.
Waiting to buzz you guys in,
Signing off from Pasadena,
Jyothi
Pictures
No comments:
Post a Comment